For those that don’t know, Sandpiper has been a leading pump manufacturer since 1965. They are a premier brand of Warren Rupp, Inc., specializing in air-operated double diaphragm (AODD) pumps for the most demanding sump applications. Their lines of heavy-duty flap valve pumps are exceptional for abrasive slurries as well as suspended, non-suspended and line-size solids.
Sandpiper heavy-duty flap valve pumps are available in metallic and non-metallic models depending on your application needs. They are easy to maintain and minimize downtime for installation, repairs and maintenance.
The Benefits of the Flap Valve
For certain sump applications, many operations prefer using Sandpiper flap valve pumps over traditional ball valve pumps because of the following advantages:
- Large Flow Area – Flap check valve pumps have larger flow areas that allow up to line-size solids to pass directly through the pump. Also, the bottom discharge port helps prevent solids from settling in the unit.
- Suction Lift – A flap valve design offers superior suction life capabilities up to 15 percent greater than ball valve pumps (up to 24 feet compared to 20 feet).
- Ease of Maintenance – Flap valve pumps from Sandpiper are easy to service and clean. Key parts such as the flap valve itself are easy to access, inspect and replace to keep the pump running at optimal performance.
Other Benefits and Features
Other key benefits and features of Sandpiper’s metallic heavy-duty flap valve pumps include:
- Thick manifold and chamber walls for greater wear resistance.
- Stainless-steel seats, which offer long-lasting abrasion resistance and durability.
- A robust diaphragm-connecting rod that is guaranteed to never bend or break.
- Heavy duty actuator plungers, which keep the pilot valve operating consistently.
- A cross-drilled directional spool valve that ensures the pump never stalls and will reliably turn on and off as needed.
Sandpiper also offers heavy duty flap valve pumps in non-metallic designs for specific applications. They offer many of the same features as the metallic pumps except they are more lightweight and versatile. These pumps are very portable and the non-metallic design is ideal for certain applications where abrasive or corrosive materials might put more stress on a metallic pump.
Sandpiper Genuine Parts and Accessories
Sandpiper offers a wide variety of replacement parts, upgrade components and accessories to help you get the most out of your heavy-duty flap valve pump and keep it running great for many years to come.
Your Sandpiper Resource
Cortech Engineering can help you find the ideal Sandpiper heavy duty flap valve pump for your operation. We’ll get you the best configuration for your specific application while providing ongoing service and support. Contact us today to learn more about Sandpiper pumps and get the flap valve pump you need.