Sludge Conditioning – SLCO
- System is used for processing highly dewatered sludge with lime
- Provides hygienization and stabilization of the sludge
- Protection and monitoring functions are directly integrated into the system
Seepex provides a solution specifically for processing sewage sludge and pumping highly dewatered sludge from centrifuges or belt filter presses.
The Seepex BTI Series pump is used with this method allowing the dewatered sludge from the dewatering machine to be directly routed into the feed hopper. In conjunction with this process, lime is dosed into the pump hopper through an adjustable screw dosing system and is mixed into the sludge by the paddle shaft of the integral bridge breaker.
The multi-staged pump is then able to deliver the conditioned sludge to the container, hopper, or storage location.
To ensure efficient and trouble-free operation of the plant as a whole, important process factors must be monitored and controlled and the evaluation of fault messages must occur. The Seepex SLCO control system was developed for exactly this purpose.
The SLCO control system has been implemented based on a PLC (programmable logic controller) in combination with a visualization system. The Seepex CO Sludge Conditioning SLCO comprises the following functions:
- Complete visualization of the process
- Sludge level is controlled and monitored within the pump hopper
- Lime dosing is proportional to the sludge rate
- Temperature of the stator (dry running protection device TSE) and the pressure pipe (increase in temperature due to exothermic reaction of the sludge) are accurately measured
- Piping is protected from over pressurization
- Pressure-dependent boundary-layer injection into the piping (optional)
- Network-compatible panel with 5.7” monochrome LC graphics display with integrated CPU
- 700 kB SRAM, 1.4 MB FlashPROM
- PCMCIA slot CAN interface
- 6 slots available for customized modules
- Protection class: Front IP65
- Supply voltage: 24 V DC, power consumption 20 W
- Dimensions: 205 x 220 x 110 mm (W x H x D)
- Multilingual display