Our pumps that include the Shredder (SK & XP-SK) leave you with solids that are slightly larger than those left using a grinder pump. Solids are shredded using a cutting impeller with a tungsten carbide tip that forces solids against a “spiral” shaped diffuser plate.
- Shredder pump– Motor is FM approved for use in Class 1, Division 1, and Groups C & D hazardous locations. Available in many sizes: 208, 230, 460, or 575 Volt with 60Hz. 50Hz is available
- Longer power cord –We use a 33ft. power cord as our standard length
- Epoxy coated motor housing –Motor is coated with a superior two part epoxy to protect it while it is exposed to any liquid
- Three seal motor protection -The motor is protected by two mechanical seals. The lower seal is made of silicon carbide/silicon carbide and the upper seal is made of carbon/ceramic. To prevent abrasives, such as dirt, silt, or sand, from entering into the seal chamber, we also install a third seal, a lip seal, above the impeller. Standard elastomers are Buna N (FKMoptional)
- Extra motor protection –Motor is air-filled with winding protection and (NEMA) Class F motor insulation. Seal leakage detector(s) are placed in the seal chamber to provide early detection of any water that has entered the chamber
- Tough pump construction –Constructed with hardened cast iron materials designed to stand up in rough handling and while pumping sandy water. This creates a much stronger pump than those with soft resin impellers or exterior components made of plastic